The List: 5 Trends I’m Most Excited About For Fall
Fall clothes are something I look forward to each year. Even though I'm no longer in school, the season always feels like a time to experiment and reinvent my style. I love chunky knits, perfectly worn-in denim and a solid pair of leather boots. This year, I’m more excited for the shift than ever before. Living in Charleston, our Fall season pretty much extends until Spring. I'm excited to wear my layers without having to hide underneath bulky coats and gloves.
I'm usually one to lean towards neutrals, but for some reason I'm all about color and pattern this fall. I love a pop of cherry red against tan or white. It gives your outfit a punch and personality.
Here are some of the trends I'm most excited to wear this season:
1. Mules—A good slide can make even the most basic outfit feel fresh and fashion-forward. I'm loving a good menswear inspired mule. So chic when paired with a feminine and flirty mini skirt.
2. Updated Basics—Blazers, plaid, a cashmere tee... I'm all about elevating the everyday basics this season.
3. Florals—I love a good floral for Fall. I'm especially into rich, deep colors and shades that pair equally well with worn in denim.
4. Silk—There's something about silk that feels so elevated and luxe. To me, it screams Fall. I can't wear to layer silk tops with chunky knit sweaters. Something about the juxtaposition of the materials is so cool and effortless.
5. Rounded Details—Give me all the rounded handle bags and buckles. I'm seriously crushing on all things round this season, bonus points when paired with this season's other trend, polka dots, for maximum impact.
What are you most excited to wear this fall? Browse all my favorites in the shop!